Visas – Immigrant and Non-immigrant

The United States grants countless immigration visas each and every year, for a variety of individuals from around the world. Whether people intend to work or live in this county permanently or not has a bearing on what type of Visa they may require. With the help of an experienced immigration lawyer like Steven Veinger, Esq. you can be sure you and your loved visa issues will be handled with the utmost care and professionalism possible. Learn more about immigrant and non-immigrant visas below to find out what’s right for you!

Immigrant Visa
The US government grants immigrant visas to those foreign-born individuals who intend on living in the US permanently and become a permanent resident, or green card holder. Those who have an immigrant visa, may live and work within the US with almost all the same rights as an actual US citizen. Generally, in order for one to obtain an immigrant visa, they must be sponsored by a family member or loved one. Other methods in which this occurs is to seek refugee, asylum, or some other humanitarian grounds for obtaining permanent residency within the US. Generally this is a long and difficult process that’s why you need the help of an experienced immigration attorney like Steven Veinger, who has helped countless individuals obtain their immigrant visa and achieve permanent resident status.

Non-Immigrant Visa
The US government will also grant foreign-born individuals with a temporary visa in order to visit the US for certain reasons. Generally, this nonimmigrant visa requires that the individual leave the US within a certain time frame. There are many reasons for this Visa, including tourism, business, some work, or an education. This visa also places certain rules and regulations on the person’s activities, these differ based on what type of visa they obtain. For instance, a student visa holder must be in school. There are over 20 different types of nonimmigrant visas that the US gives out. For help obtaining your nonimmigrant visa, or if you have experienced any complications involving your nonimmigrant visa, including an overstay or some violations, Mr. Steven Veinger can help!

For more information on obtaining your permanent residency or your nonimmigrant visa, or to schedule a legal consultation contact the Law Offices of Steven Veinger today at (305) 682-0401.